A creative recipe from our shareholder Ngoc, sounds delicious! Feel free to send more recipes our way, we'll gladly share them.
Ngoc's Kolrabi Lettuce Wrap with Hoisin Sauce
- 1 lb ground chicken (or beef or pork depending on your preference) Can substitute the ground chicken with tofu for a vegetarian dish (just crumble a block of tofu instead of the ground chicken)
- 1 kohlrabi peeled and chopped to about 1 inch cubes
- 1 large carrot, peeled and chopped to about 1 inch cubes
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 10 button mushrooms or shitake mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, finely chopped (optional)
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 1/2 cup white wine
- About 10 leaves of green lettuce, washed and dried
- Mint leaves washed and dried
- Heat a large non stick pan, brown the ground chicken, kohlrabi, carrots, garlic and jalapeno pepper. Add the hoisin sauce and white wine, simmer until the vegetables soften (about 10 minutes); adjust the seasoning using a small amount of soy sauce if needed.
- Add the mushroom and cook for a further 3-4 minutes until the mushroom cooks through.
- Serve the filling hot and arrange lettuce leaves and mint leaves on the side and everyone can assemble their own wrap.
- To assemble: take a lettuce leaf, add the filling and some mint leaves, roll the lettuce to enclose the filling and enjoy!
Great as an appertizer or snack!